Finally, we can be hair free!!
OMG, laser hair removal, I honestly cannot tell you how much we are loving this treatment! At the of time writing this blog I have had only two treatments and having my third next week and I am beyond pleased with the results already. Having a Mediterranean heritage it’s become a running joke in my family of how hairy we are (we blame it on my Nan who’s Maltease) I would have to shave my underarms pretty much every single day, after just two treatments of laser hair removal I actually went 8 whole days without shaving! I can’t quite believe it…it has changed my life already! – Lauren
If you’ve been thinking of having laser hair removal, just go for it! You really wont regret it. Also, we don’t charge you upfront like a lot of salons, you can pay as you go with us! If you are thinking of having two or more areas at the same time you will receive a 25% discount!
Read below for all the information you need to know to get started.
Using the Motus AY – A ‘Virtually Pain Free’ hair removal system.
This new and unique laser hair removal device uses a specialist new technology: Moveo. This advanced technology allows us to use the exact type of laser considered by dermatologists as “most effective in laser hair removal” (Alexandrite) but in a new ‘pain-free’ mode!
How does it work?
The laser is attracted to the melanin (colour) in the skin, which absorbs the light from the laser. This produces heat which damages the follicle and inhibits regrowth.
Who can have it?
Anyone with pigment in their hair can have it! All skin types can be treated too due to using the Alexandrite laser. It will not work on grey or white hair where the pigment has gone. The darker the hair the quicker you will see results!
Does it hurt?
Traditional laser hair removal or less advanced forms of laser hair removal were known to sting and be quite hot. However, treatments with our laser system the Motus AY are virtually pain free. This is because the machine uses a Moveo headpiece to cool the treated areas, which drops its temperature down to as low as 15 degrees Celsius! As the tip passes over small areas of the skin it causes gradual heating of the vital parts of the hair leading to its destruction. The process is totally painless for the majority of clients, fast and does not cause any burning or discolouration of the skin.
How many treatments do I have to have?
It is different for everyone, it could be a course of 6-12 sessions, however it averages at 6-8 sessions. Most people will start to see some sort of result after just one session. Each session is done 4-8 weeks apart. The amount of time between sessions may increase as you go through your course.
- Please bring a list of any medication you are taking to ensure you’re not contraindicated.
- Purely for the consultation only please leave a small area of visible hair (it doesn’t need to be long) in each area you wish to have treated. This is so we can see the colour and hair type before treatment. We will then take a before photo for you and shave that small area before patch testing.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not bleach the treated area of hair.
- Make sure to shave thoroughly the day or night before your appointment, no plucking or waxing! (your appointment time doesn’t include the time for us to shave you!!) If you do not shave prior you may be turned away or a charge will be incurred.
- Don’t wear fake tan as this can affect your treatment due to the pigment.
- Don’t leave it any longer than 8 weeks between appointments.
- Avoid sun exposure 4 weeks prior to appointment.
- You can shave in between appointments there is no need to grow the hair.
- Do take photos in between your appointments to see progress.
- Wear an SPF of 30 or above after your treatment and in between to protect your skin from sun damage
- Avoid putting on any topical products after your treatment including deodorant, make up and body creams for 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid anything that will cause heat to the skin after your treatment e.g. exercise, saunas and steam rooms, swimming .
If you have any of the following you are not eligible for laser hair removal
- Pregnant (or planning pregnancy)
- Active sun tans or using sunbeds (fake tan must be fully of prior to treatment)
- History of cancer (or chemo/radio therapy)
- Skin pigmentation (e.g. melasma, vitiligo)
- Keloid scarring
Also if you are taking any of the following medication;
- St Johns Wart
- Gold Medications
- Oral or Topical Retinoids (e.g. Roaccutane or Retin A)
- Oral or Topical Steroids
We look forward to hopefully treating you on your journey to becoming hair free and care free!